*Note: we recommend that you backup your website prior to making any major design changes.*
To edit the background of your website:
*Note, first you must be logged into your website in order to see the editing menus.
- From the Widgets Menu in the upper left corner of the Site Editor go to "More > Utilities > Layout"
- From there you can choose one of our Pre Made Designs or Create a Custom Design; for a custom layout proceed to the next step.
- Then click button "Create your own custom design"
- Then click button "Select Backgrounds" to change your websites backgrounds. *Pro-tip; you can assign different backgrounds to different pages
- Or you can choose "Select Text" to change the font colors, style and sizes on your website.
- On the Choose a Background page you can; preview, edit or clear any one of six possible backgrounds
- To assign any of these six backgrounds to any of the pages on your website click the button "Assign Backgrounds To Pages" button at the bottom.
Upgrade your template to our mobile responsive design if you haven't done so already:
*** Warning! *** Please be aware that converting templates will cause the widgets on your site to be disordered and misplaced on a page and therefore you will need to move all the widgets back into place within each page of the site after saving the design.
To determine if your current template is responsive click here
To convert your Talkspot website to the new responsive template system please do the following steps:
- Login to your website
- Backup your website at "Edit Site > Site > Save your site" and follow instructions to save. Once your website is saved you can always revert to the previously saved version by going to "Edit Site > Site > Restore your Website".
- To tap into the new template editor change the browser's address line to reflect /aspx/blob2/admin/sitedesign/sitedesign.aspx ... this path should be appended after the top level domain ... example: after .com/ or after .org/ like http://mysite.talkspot.com/aspx/blob2/admin/sitedesign/sitedesign.aspx ... then hit the Enter key to reach that location
- Click either "Use one of our pre-made designs" OR "Create your own custom design"
- Alter the backgrounds and fonts as desired
- Click "Publish" or the appropriate button to save any changes you have made within the various pages
- Click "Done" then "Ok"
- Proceed to move all the widgets back into place within each page
- Save your website by going to "Edit Site > Site > Save your Site"
- Dig the new responsiveness of your website by dragging the bottom right hand corner of your browser window to the left simulating a narrower device
- To edit backgrounds and fonts after this process please use "Edit Site > Site > Customize Your Site Layout" as usual